maida – 1 cup
oil – ½ tsp
salt or as required
water for kneading or as required
chopped cabbage,carrots,french beans,capsicum,spring onions,small garlic/lahsun – 1 ½ cup
soy sauce – 1.5 tsp light
black pepper – ½ tsp
1 tbsp oil
salt as required
- make small balls of the dough of equal sizes and keep them covered with a moist napkin.
- Make thin circle from each small ball.
- add 1 or 2 tsp of vegetable stuffing in the center of the circle.
- from one side of the edge and start pleating.
- towards the end, join the pleats in the center.
- follow the same steps for all momos this way and keep them covered under a moist napkin. till you are ready to steam them.
- Heat water in a steamer & let the water come to a boil.
- in a greased steamer pan place the momos keeping space between them so that they don’t touch each other.
- steam momos for 5-6 minutes.
Serve momos with a spicy schezwan sauce