semolina/sooji/rava – 1 cup
onion – 1 chopped finely
green chilly – 1 sliced finely
salt as required
1 to 2 tsp sugar (optional) or add as required
ginger – 1 tsp smashed
water – 2.5 cup
urad and chana daal – 1 tsp
curry leaves/kadi patta
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tbsp oil or ghee
- heat 2 tsp oil in a pan
- add sooji to it and roast it till it becomes dry and crisp but not brown.
- off the gas and keep it aside
- take another pan add ghee / oil add rai, jeera, ginger paste, urad daal , chaana daal , curry leaves.
- let it cook till the daal becomes little browish.
- now add chopped onion and green chilly saute it till it comes slight brown
- now add 2.5 cup water
- let it boil and add salt and slight sugar (optional) as required
- add the cooked rava
- keep on stirring it for sometime
- garnish it with chopped corriander and fine sev.
Serve upma with hot sambhar or corriander chutney