Last year when me and my husband along with our friends went to goa..to a place where its really difficult to get good vegetarian food , we came to this restaurant and found this dish and ordered it , even though I had never tried honey in my life before..since then I became a huge fan of honey-garlic-chilly combination… so here is my reciepe for honey chilly potatoes.. 🙂
Potatoes – 3 to 4
Spring onions – 2 to 3
Honey – 3 to 4 tsp
Corn Flour / Maida – 3 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt as required
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Sesame seeds – 3 tsp
Siracha sauce (For people in US and Thailand its easily available) / Chilly sauce – 2 tsp
Vinegar – 2 tsp
Soya – 2 tsp
Honey – 4 tsp
- Cut the potatoes vertically like french fries.
- Chop spring onions and keep it aside for garnishing.
- Take a small plate add Siracha sauce, vinegar, soya sauce and honey and mix well, keep it aside.
- Take corn flour/maida in a bowl add salt and pepper in it and mix it with water.
- add all the potato sticks in it.
- Heat oil in a pan, deep fry potatoes coated with maida/courn flour syrup , pepper and salt.
- Let the oil from the potatoes drain out on a tissue paper.
- Take another pan, heat 2 tsp of oil, add garlic paste and lots of sesame seeds in it.
- Saute it for 1 min till , add the potato chips in it.
- Add the sauce mixture we prepared earlier.
- Mix it well , saute the potato in it for 5 mins.
- Add spring onions and mix well, cook for another 5 mins.
Serve it hot as a starter