So yesterday I went out for grocery shopping after office to a near by mall and I saw these lotus seeds and I had heard sometime back that its very healthy so I bought it .
Lotus seeds are grown widely in India, china and Japan and since they grow in a wet land they don,t need any fertilizer to grow so they are 100% organic.These seeds contain an anti-aging enzyme, which is believed to help repair damaged proteins, gluten-free protein supplement. Lotus seeds are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
Hence, introduce the ‘makhana’ snack food in your regular diet for that healthy edge.
Spinach – about 20 leaves
Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
Jalepeno – 5 to 6 chopped pieces
Peanuts / Kaju – 100 grams
Ginger – 1 tsp
Green chilly – 1
Onions – 1
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Roasted Makhana / Lotus seeds – 50 grams
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Parmesan cheese – 2 tsp
- Boil Spinach leaves in water for 4-5 minutes.
- In another pan add 2 tsp of oil and cook chopped onions till it turns light brownish.
- In a food processor grind cashew nuts , green chillies, Jalepeno , garlic and ginger.
- Now add the boiled spinach to the mixture prepared in food processor and grind it.
- Add salt and pepper powder as per taste.
- Take a pan , add olive oil about 2 teaspoon,add mustard seeds wait till it crackles, add the mixture and cook it for 5 to 10 mins. Don’t over cook otherwise it will loose its fresh green colour and wont taste good.
- Add grated cheese or parmesan dry cheese powder and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add Makhana / Lotus seeds just before serving.
Serve it hot with fulka roti / tortillas