So last week I had been to Hyderabad and my husband and my father-in-law took me to a famous restaurant – Kamat. Its famous for south Indian dishes , and he ordered MLA pesarattu (pesarattu with upma is know as MLA pesarattu ) a delicacy from Andhra Pradesh and it was amazing , so filling and so yummy. So I decided then that I have to try this @ home, so for breakfast today I made it and my husband loved it, feeling so happy 🙂
This recipe is not only very easy to prepare but also very healthy.
- Moong Dal with skin or whole moong / Green gram – 2 cups
- Ginger paste- around 2 tablespoon
- Chillies – 3 to 4
- Jeera powder – 1 tablespoon
- salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Onions finely chopped – 1 cup (optional)
- Soak Moong Dal / Green gram for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind all the Moong Dal, ginger, chillies, coriander in a food processor.
- Add salt as per taste and mix well. See to it that the batter is on the thicker side like that of Idli batter.
- Heat a pan, pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it in a circular motion from the center to the outside of the tawa.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Sprinkle chopped onions on the top and press it lightly with spatula.
- Flip it over to the other side once the edges starts to get dry.
Serve hot with tomato onion chutney