So last week I had been to Hyderabad and my husband and my father-in-law took me to a famous restaurant – Kamat. Its famous for south Indian dishes , and he ordered MLA pesarattu (pesarattu with upma is know as MLA pesarattu ) a delicacy from Andhra Pradesh and it was amazing , so filling and so yummy. So I decided then that I have to try this @ home, so for breakfast today I made it and my husband loved it, feeling so happy 🙂
This recipe is not only very easy to prepare but also very healthy.
Moong Dal or whole moong / Green gram – 1 cup
Rice Flour / Raw rice – 2 tsp
Onion – 1 (optional)
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies / Jalapenos – 4-5
Salt to taste
- Soak Moong Dal / Green gram and rice for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind all the Moong Dal, Rice Flour / Raw rice, Green chillies / Jalapenos and ginger in a food processor.
- Add salt as per taste and mix well.
- Heat a pan, pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it in a circlular motion from the center to the outside of the tawa.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Sprinkle chopped onions on the top and press it lightly with spatula.
- Flip it over to the other side once the edges starts to get dry.
Serve hot with onion chutney and upma stuffed in.