So I decided to make something healthy today for Janmasti fast. My mom has given me home grinded Rajgira flour for fasting days so I made parathas out of it and Yam curry to have along. People who are dieting can also use this recipe in their diet as it is rich in proteins , high in calciums and easy to digest because of the high content of amino acids.
Yam / Suran chopped – 250 grams
Peanut grinded – 100 grams
green chilly – 2
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Boil Yam/Suran and keep aside.
- Take a pan, heat 2 tsp of oil , add cumin after its heated and finely chopped green chilly.
- Add boild pieces of yam and mix well.
- Add grinded peanut powder , Salt, sugar and Turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover it and let it cook for 5 to 10 mins.
Serve it hot with Rajgira paratha and Potato Katri.