My most most most favorite snack in the world – khandvi made by my mom…she makes the worlds most perfect and most yummy khandvi..so this recipe is from my lovely mummy ( Daksha Panchal ). I remember whenever she used to make it as soon as it was done she used to divide among me my brother and dad so that everyone gets to eat it. 😛 My friends used to call me and tell me ask your mom to make khandvi we are coming home ! I have always watched her making it but this is the first time I tried it on my own and to make it more fun I was on video call with my mom at the same time, she was enjoying watching me make khandvi and I’m so happy today to have got it correct. yayyy !! So heres the recipe for super yummy, soft and delicious snack ever – KHANDVI!!
For the khandvi batter
Gram flour – 1 1/4 cups
Yogurt – 1 cup
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chillies – 2
Oil – 4 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Curry leavesa pinch
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Seasame seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut scraped 2 tsp
Fresh chopped coriander
- Take a non-stick pan combine besan, curds-water mixture, lemon juice, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt and mix well to make a smooth batter make sure that no lumps remain.
- Cook it on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till it becomes thick for about 10mins.
- Grease a plate on the reverse side and spread a spoonful of the batter on a greased thali and wait for a few seconds and try to roll up. If it doesn’t, then cook for a few more minutes, and check once more till done.
- Instead of using a plate you can also clean and grease your kitchen table and do the same thing directly on the table.
- While the batter is still hot, spread evenly using a spatula, on the reverse greased side of 2 plates evenly to make a thin uniform layer using a spatula
- When cool, cut the khandvi on each thali lengthwise into equal portions and roll up each gently
- For the tempering, just before serving heat the remaining 3 tsp oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the khandvis.
- garnished with coconut and coriander
Serve with tamarind and dates chutney