I have always loved the soft texture of tofu and I thought scrambled tofu will taste really good so made this tofu bhurji for dinner last night and turned out really good. Apart from its spicy taste of tofu bhurji it has possible health benefits. Tofu is made from soybean curds, is naturally gluten-free and low calorie, contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
tofu – 200 gms
onion – 2
tomato – 1
green chili – 1
ginger – 1/2 tsp paste
cumin seeds/jeera – 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder – 1 tsp
red chili powder – 1 tsp
garam masala powder – 1 tsp
oil – 1 tsp
green peas – 1/2 cup
line juice – 1 tsp
coriander leaves/dhania patta – 1/2 cup
salt as required
- scramble the tofu in a plate and keep aside.
- Boil the green peas and keep aside.
- heat oil in a frying pan add the cumin add the onions,ginger, green peas and green chilies and fry till they soften.
- add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and stir.
- add the scrambled tofu and mix well.
- saute for 3-4 minutes. season with salt.
- lastly add coriander leaves and stir them.
Serve tofu bhurji hot with toast bread