So yestarday when I got back home from office, I was wondering what should be my first recipe in my new IFB oven…then I saw shiny eggplant lying on one side of my kitchen table, thought why not try some grilling, so I tried my hands on grilling eggplant with some italian herbs I had @ home it came out really really yummy. So heres my first recipe straight from my very own new oven.
Eggplant – 1
Fresh Corriander / Parsley – 2 tsp
Black olives – 1/2 cup sliced
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Red chilly sauce – 2 tsp
Grated Mozzarella & Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 3 tsp
Oregano and chilly flakes – 2 tsp
- Slice eggplant as shown above, spread it on a plate and sprinkle salt and leave it for 15mins.
- Wash it underflowing water and wipe it with tissue paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease your plate with olive oil.
- Arrange all the eggplant slices on the plate and brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill in the preheated oven on one side for 10minutes.
- Remove after 10 mins , gently turn it and garnish with red chilly sauce, sliced black olives cheese , sprinkle oregano and chilly flakes as per taste and fresh corriander or parsley and again grill for 10 minutes.
- Bottoms will be a deep brown caramel color. Remove it slowly from the oven.
Serve it as an appetizer