I love indian pepper fritters, they are yum especially when stuffed with indian spices and roasted in some olive oil. Initially I was planning to make it for dinner last night but then I thought it will make a healthy lunch box wrap, last night I prepared the stuffing and stored it in refrigerator , today morning I stuffed and grilled it and got it for lunch.
peanuts – 1/2 cup
Besan / Gram flour – 1/2 cup
corriander powder – 2 tsp
chilly powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
oil – 2 tsp
Black olives – 1/4 th cup sliced (optional)
Meyonise – 1/2 cup
Cucumber chopped – 1 cup
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in the stuffing section above in a food processor and keep aside.
- Wash pepper fritter and wipe nicely , slit it vertically and discard the seeds from inside.
- Stuff the pepper fritters with the stuffing we created, arrange it on a grilling plate , with a brush apply oil all over the pepper, grill it for 15mins.
- I had sliced black olives at home so I stuffed it from top , because I love olives and I can have it with anything and everything. 😛
- If you are not using an oven you can even grill it in a non stick pan with 2-3 tsp of oil for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl take finely chopped cucumber, meyonise, pepper powder, garlic paste and red chilly powder and mix well.
- Make 6 fulkas / flat bread / tortillas.
- Put one grilled pepper in between of the fulka , garnish it with salad on both the side and wrap it.
Serve with tortilla chips & salsa sauce