Mushrooms – 250 gms
Spring onions – 4
Green capsicum – 1 thin sliced vertically
Garlic – 2-3 cloves
Ginger – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 1/2 tsps
Sugar – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 1/2 tbsps
Red chili sauce
Corn flour – 1 heaped tbsp mixed in 6-7 tbsps water
Sesame oil – 1 1/2 tbsps
Oil for deep frying
For batter mix All purpose flour – 2 tsp, Corn flour – 3 tsp,Salt and Black pepper powder to taste,Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 tsp, Water – less than 1/2 cup to make a thick batter
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a pan.
- wash and dry pat mushrooms and dip it in the batter and fry it on medium to high flame till it turns golden brown. Remove the fried mushroom balls onto absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, once the oil turns hot, add the chopped garlic,garlic, onions and capsicum and stir fry for a 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine red chilli sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and mix well, add it to the pan followed by deep fried mushrooms and salt.
- Add the chopped spring onion greens and mix.
Serve hot as a starter with pasta or hakka noodles