I love the combination of these 2 veggies and it tastes really well with fulkas and paratha. You can also add fresh curd before having it. At home my mom does not add onions and garlic still it tastes delicious. According to studies fenugreek helps to reduce cholesterol level,Reduces risk of heart disease,Controls blood sugar levels,Aids digestion,Helps counter acid reflux or heartburn,Helps you lose weight and many more. So include it in your diet with this recipe.
methi leaves/fenugreek leaves – 4 cups chopped
boiled potatoes – 250 gms
green chilies – 1 or 2
tbsp oil – 1.5 to 2
Onions – 1/2 cup (optional)
Curry leaves – 2 to 3
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Garlic cloves – 2 to 3 (optional)
Jeera / Cumin – 1 tsp
- Wash and finely chop methi leaves.
- Rinse, peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes or squares.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves , garlic and green chilly, saute for a minute.
- add chopped potatoes and saute till it turns slight brownish.
- now add the chopped methi/fenugreek leaves. stir very well, close the lid for 1 minute.
- add salt and mix well lower the flame and cook the leaves for 5-6 minutes more.
- by now you will see the leaves wilted and cooked completely.
Serve it with hot fulka rotis