baby brinjals – 250 gms
peanuts – ½ cup
sesame seeds – 4 tbsp
dessicated coconut – 1 cup
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
½ inch ginger, chopped
onion – 1 large
tomato – 1 large
turmeric powder/haldi – ½ tsp
red chili powder – ½ tsp
garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
coriander powder/dhania powder – ½ tsp
a pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
oil – 2 to 4 tsp
2 cups water
- Dry roast the peanuts first, when they start to become brown, add the sesame seeds followed by dessicated coconut. roast them till all of them are browned and smell fragrant
- Wash the brinjals, slit them into 4 without breaking them.
- Once the coconut, peanuts and sesame seeds cool down add them in a food processor with half of the chopped onions, ginger , turmeric powder,corriander powder, garam masala powder and salt, because of the onion and coconut it will form a good dry paste.
- Stuff the brinjal with this masala.
- In pan heat oil, add the onions followed by tomatoes and remaining ground masala.
- Add water,add the stuffed brinjals, salt and cover and cook for 30-35 minutes. when the dish is ready, garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with paratha