Here is a protein pack recipe of Palak dal an amazing combination of lentils and spinach is just simply delicious to have it with plain steam rice.
- Spinach – 1 cup chopped
- Water – 3 cups
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- green chilly chopped – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- salt as required
- onions and tomato finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- Mustard and cumin 1 tsp
- asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- dry red whole chilly
- curry leaves – 9 to 10
- Add 1 cup moong daal and 3 cups of water a pinch of turmeric powder and pressure cook it for 10 minutes.
- Take 2 tsp oil in a pan
- When the oil is heated enough add mustard , cumin , curry leaves,asafoetida, red chilly and cook for 1 min.
- add chopped green chilly and onion and cook for 2 mins.
- add tamotoes ,garam masala, ginger garlic paste and cook for another 1 minute.
- add the boiled moong daal and spinach in to the tempering and mix well, cook for 2 minutes.
Serve it hot with steamed rice.