Simple and sunny, but a spoonful will have the complexity of flavours hit you one by one. The spicy bite of green chillies, the crunch of earthy groudnuts and the zingy lemon juice running through the golden-yellow grains of rice takes this dish to a whole other level.
- 2 cups boiled rice
- fresh corriander leaves chopped 1 cup
- groundnuts 1/4th cup
- curry leaves
- dry red chilly 2 to 3
- mustard seeds
- cumin seeds
- green chilly chopped -3
- onions chopped – 4
- 1 big lemon juice
- Add about 2 tablespoon of oil in a kadai.
- add cumin, mustard seeds,ground nuts, red chilly , curry leaves and cook for 10 seconds
- Now add green chilly and onions chopped followed by turmeric and salt as per taste.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh corriander leaves and mix well.
- Just before serving add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve with cooling cucumber raita.