Patra (Patarveliya) is most popular in Gujarati people. This is a savoury steamed leaf roll recipe, made from arbi or colocasia leaf.
- toor daal flour , rice, besan – all in equal quantities about 1 cup
- red chilly powder
- coriander powder
- aamchur / lime juice as per taste
- salt and sugar as per taste
- baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- garam masala 1 teaspoon
- colocasia leaves – stems removed , washed and wipped with clean cloth
- oil – 3 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1 tablespoon
- seasame seeds – 3 tablespoon
- mix the flour and all the spices mentioned above and add water to form a thick paste.
- Apply it evenly on the leaf and make a roll out of it , repeat for all the leaves.
- Steam it for 10 to 15minutes
- Cut it in to thick pieces once it has cool down for about 1 hour.
- In a pan add oil mustard seeds and seasame seeds.
- Add all the cut pieces and toos it for 2 minutes.
Serve it hot with any chutney