- All purpose flour/maida : 4 cups/400 grams
- Yeast : 2 1/2 tea spoons
- melted butter/oil : 1/4 cup
- Salt : 1 tea spoon
- Sugar : 3 table spoons
- milk : 200 ml/1 cup
- Take slightly warm milk in a bowl add 1 table spoon of sugar and yeast, mix it well and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes or until yeast gets activated.
- Take all remaining dry ingredients in a bowl mix it well
- Pour oil or melted butter and yeast mixture, mix it well.
- Add some more water if needed) or until dough becomes smooth and non sticky
- Now place this dough in a bowl, apply some oil on top. Cover and place this bowl in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough rises into double in size.
- Now punch down the risen dough and knead it for couple of minutes.
- Now roll the dough in to log shape and pinch the edges.
- Now place this dough in greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and place this pan in warm place for 1 hour or until it rises into double in size.
- Now preheat oven in 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Now gently apply milk on top for nice golden colour.
- Now bake risen dough loaf in 180 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes in preheated oven.
- Tap the bread loaf and check if you get a hollow sound, if it does then its completely baked.
- Now take baked bread from the oven, let it cool completely and demould it.
- Now slice the yummy and soft bread and serve.