Rajma chawal is my favorite winter food . It taste amazing with Jeera rice. Since rajma has high protein content it is important to include it in your diet at least once a week.
- Chopped onions and tomatoes – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbspn
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric and Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Red kidney beans / Rajma – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – 2 tblspn
- Soak rajma overnight. Drain and add it to pressure cooker. Cover with water. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle, simmer for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Add 2 tbspn oil in a pan add curry leaves , jeera , tomatoes , onions – ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Saute it till it mixes will and the onions are slightly golden brown.
- Add dry coriander powder and garam masala to the mixture and mix well.
- Add besan / gram flour and mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down.
- Add it to the mixture grinder and make a thick paste out of it.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a fresh pan add the puree and boiled rajma and 1 and half cup of water and cook it for 10 minutes.
Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with Jeera rice.