Bengan bharta is one of the most comforting and easy to make curry with minimum ingredients on a lazy day. This dish of mine is tagged as “one of the best” by my husband and hence I make it quite often.
- Big eggplant – bengan
- Garlic cloves – 6 to 7
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- chilly powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric – 1 tsp
- coriander – 1 tsp
- garam masala (optional) – 1 tsp
- tomatoes chopped – 1/2 cup
- Make slits in bengan to insert the garlic cloves.
- Roast it directly in flame for 8-10 minutes till the skin on top becomes thin and crispy and the eggplant is cook well from inside.
- Keep it aside to cool down before you remove the skin.
- In a pan take oil add mustard seeds when its hot enough and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add all the masala – chilly, termeric, coriander, garam masala and cook till it becomes tender.
- add the smashed eggplant and mix well.
- cook for 3 minutes and add 1 tsp oil and mix well.
Serve hot with bajara bhakri or roti.