I got a big bunch of palak thinking I’ll make palak paneer for dinner last night but then I changed my mind and thought of trying something else. Me and my husband used to have this gravy at a place in Kalyani Nagar 4-5 years back later that restaurant got closed. This was our regular gravy which we ordered so remembering the old days I thought of recreating it at home.
Its bit of time taking but worth the taste in the end.
- Palak / spinach – 3 cups
- green chilly – 3
- ginger garlic paste
- salt as per taste
- garam masala – 2 tsp
Wash spinach and make puree out of all these ingredients Keep aside 2 tablespoon of this spinach puree and add rest of this puree to the roasted gram flour.
Mix Paneer, coconut grated , salt , sugar and kesar in a bowl and make small balls.
Coat this balls with our spinach mixture we prepared earlier and deep fry it till it turns golden brown.
Curry for the kofta
- Add oil in one pan, add tej patta, cinnamon powder , elaichi/ cardamoms powder , cloves, pepper powder and Jeera, cook till all the spices are aromatic.
- Add chopped onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add soaked cashews, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well. Add 1 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool down. Blend it till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup water , salt and 1 tsp butter and bring it to boil.
- Turn off the gas and divide the gravy in 2 parts.
- Add spinach puree in one of the gravy and mix well while it is hot.
Pour both the gravies in a serving plate, cut the koftas in half and serve it.