This recipe was discovered by my mom. Its difficult to find raw papaya in the market but whenever it was available she used to prepare it at home. Its still everyones favourite in our house.
Benefits of eating raw papaya:
- Helps loose weight
- Helps fight diabetes
- Helps beat constipation
- Helps increase lactation and provides ease in mentruation
- Helps wound healing
- Grated raw papaya – 1 cup
- Green chilly chopped – 2 to 3
- Curry leaves – 5
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Besan / Gram flour – 2 tablespoon (Optional)
- Take oil in a pan, after it is warm add mustard seeds.
- Wait till it spalters.
- Add turmeric powder, chillies and curry leaves and quickly add papaya and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Saute besan for 1 minute and keep aside. (This step is optional)
- Add besan and mix well. (This step is optional)
Papaya Poriyal is ready to serve