Sitaphal makes any dish delicious especially when added to Basundi. The season of Sitaphal is here so I decided to make this super delicious and mouth watering dessert at home. Its time taking but the end result is worth it.
1. Sitafal – 4 large size
2. Sugar – 2/3 cup
3. Milk – 2 lt
4. Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp and Nutmeg Powder ½ tsp
5. Dry Fruits – Almonds, Cashews, Pista – finely chopped
6. Saffron – few strands
- Take out the pulp from (ripen) Sitaphal using a strainer and whipping it with a spoon till the seeds comeout.
- Add milk in a bowl and boil the milk till they become 1/2 by occasionally stirring and mixing the cream generated.
- In another hot bowl add sugar and as soon as some part of the sugar turns brown add the milk (this gives the Basundi a light brown color) , sugar, cardamom powder and saffron.
- Cool the Basundi to room temperature. Then add the Sitafal pulp and dry fruits.
- If there are guests at home and you want to make it fast, skip the part where the milk reduces to 1/2. Add 2 table spoon of custard powder (Vanilla flavoured) mixed well in some water to the milk. In 4-5 minutes your milk will become thick.
Serve chilled after a spicy dinner.