Stay warm in this cold and rainy days with this delicious and healthy Thukpa loaded with veggies. The first time we had this authentic thukpa is when we were in Kasol , Himachal Pradesh…we sat beside the beautiful Parvati river in the cold weather and had this hot Tibetan noodle soup.
- Rice noodles – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper – 2 teaspoon
- Onions – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms / Paneer – 1/2 cup chopped and sautéed in butter.
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoon
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- cumin / jeera powder – 2 teaspoon
- soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- chilly sauce – 2 tablespoon
- corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- cilantro – 1/4th cup chopped
- Boil noodles with a teaspoon of oil and salt as per instructions on the box.
- In a pan take 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till light brown, now add carrots, mushrooms, capsicum,turmeric, salt as per taste, pepper powder,ginger-garlic paste and cumin (jeera) powder and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, chilly sauce corn flour mix well and cook until vegetables are soft/tender.
- Add noodles and spinach and cook for another 1 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot on a cold day