This recipe is loaded with proteins and quite easy to prepare as it does not have the overhead of making the standard tomato and onion gravy. Its simple , healthy and quick if you have boiled chanas ready.
- Boiled kala chana – 1 cup
- Besan – 3 table spoon
- Turmeric – 2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander chopped 1/2 cup
- Garam masala – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 2 to 3
- Lemon – 1 cut in to 3 pieces
- coriander powder – 2 tablespoon
- Onions for garnishing (Optional)
- Ginger paste
- Garlic paste ( optional)
- Soak black chana overnight or for 8 hours minimum.
- Boil it in a cooker for 4-5 cooker whistles.
- In a pan add oil, once the oil is hot enough add Jeera , mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add Boiled chana and keep the boiled chana water for use later on.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala ,coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl add besan and mix it well in 4 to 5 tablespoon of water.
- Now add the besan mixture and the chana boiled water in the pan.
- Simmer it for 7-8 minutes till the curry becomes thick.
- Remove it in a serving bowl , garnish it with coriander leaves , lemon and onions ( soaked in vinegar , salt and red chilly powder)
Serve it hot with parathas or boiled rice.