Stay warm this winter with this healthy winter delicacy Gundar Paak. It is a Gujarati delicacy, prepared with Urad daal flour, dry fruits, spices, edible gum, nuts, ghee and jaggery.
Whenever I’m at my mother’s place for a long time I make sure I learn a new recipe from my mom and this time she taught me this !
Its different then our usual laddus because its healthy , crispy and spiced which will leave your mouth with a very fresh taste.
- Edible gum – 100grams
- Almonds – 50grams
- Walnut – 50grams
- Seasame seeds – 50grams (optional)
- Kaju – 50grams
- Dried dates – 100grams
- Pumpkin seeds – 100grams
- Desicated coconut – 100grams
- Chironji / Charori – 50grams
- Poppy – 50grams
- Dry ginger powder – 10 grams
- Peepramul / Ganthoda powder – 25grams
- Fenugreek powder – 10grams
- Elaichi powder – 50grams
- Nutmeg powder – 5grams
- Urad Daal powder – 100grams
- Wheat flour – 200grams
- Soft Jaggery – 300grams
- Ghee – 500grams
- On a low flame, heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Deep-fry few gum crystals at a time, till they puff up. Drain and remove. Repeat for the remaining crystals. Strain the ghee. Keep aside.
- Powder the fried gum by pressing hard on it with a steel bowl.
- In grinder add all the dry fruits (almonds , kaju, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dried coconut, dried dates) and grind it well. To this mixture add all the spices ( chironji , poppy, ginger powder, peepramul powder, fenugreek powder, elaichi powder & nutmeg powder) and mix well.
- In the same pan, add more ghee and add both (wheat + urad daal) floor and mix well. Cook till the flour becomes light (2-3 minutes) now add fenugreek seeds powder
- Now add the dry fruit & spices mixture in it and mix well. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile take a pan add 2 tablespoon ghee and jaggery , heat only till all the solid jaggery melts and becomes a smooth liquid.
- Turn off the gas and add the jaggery liquid to our mixture and mix well.
- Form laddus and store it in an airtight container.