Whenever we come home late in the night our first priority is to cook food for our dog (Bob) after that is sorted I think about a quick fix for our dinner. Since my husband is a South Indian he is a big fan of all the South Indian food and so m I now. Recently at a South Indian wedding we had authentic Andhra food in a banana leaf and it was just too delicious. So last night when we came home late after a long walk with Bob I asked my husband what he wants to have for dinner he said I want to have curd rice and so I made it. It was quick, healthy and very satisfying.
- Curd – 3 cups
- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Grated fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
- Ginger & Chilly paste – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Urad daal
- Chana dal
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- In a pressure cooker add rice water and salt and cook well.
- Once pressure is out add water to make the rice slightly watery.
- Once rice cools down add curd, salt and mix well.
- Take a pan and heat oil, add cumin, mustard , urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves. Cook until the urad daal turns light golden. Turn of the gas and add ginger chilly paste.
- Add the tempering to the curd rice mixture.
- Garnish it with grated coconut.
Serve it with ginger pickle.