Peanut chikki is our favourite especially when its crushed peanuts and chocolate flavoured.
Me & my husband both have this habit of having something sweet after dinner so chikki comes to the rescue at that time.
- Peanut powder – not to fine 1 cup
- Jaggery powder – 2 cups
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Coco powder – 1/4th cup
- Elaichi powder – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Heat a nonstick pan.
- Add jaggery and keep stirring it.
- Once the jaggery starts to melt add ghee and mix well. It will give nice glaze to your chikki.
- Add sugar and stir till the jaggery turn slightly dark.
- Now turn off the gas and add peanut powder and coco powder.
- Mix well and move the mixture to a plate greased with ghee.
- Spread it well using a bowl which is greased with ghee on the bottom.
- Immediately cut it in to small pieces and let it cool for 1/2 hour.
Store it in a air tight container especially if you stay near beach side.