A super way to have pumpkin in your daily meal. Try out this classic Maharashtrian recipe of sweet and spicy puris. Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A which is good for eyes.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Besan – 1/2 cup
- sooji – 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin – 2 cups chopped
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup Jaggery , grated (optional)
- Sesame seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Cooking soda – 1 pinch
- Cooking oil – 2 cups for frying
- Salt , to taste
- Pressure cook pumpkin. Let it cool once its cooked.
- Mash it in a big bowl, add all purpose flour, sooji, besan, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder & baking soda.
- Mix well and add the water to knead the dough which was used to boil the pumpkin. Make sure pumpkin is properly mashed before mixing it with the dry ingredients.
- once the dough is ready grease it well with oil.
- Make small balls out of it and make little thicker than usual puris.
- Deep fry it and remove it on a tissue paper.
Have puris with curd or masala chai.