Recently just after the Pulwama attack we went on a vacation to Kashmir. On the first day our driver took us to Krishna Dhaba in Srinagar and we had this butter rajma rice. It was sooo yummy that I tried to remake it in my kitchen. It came out really well and my husband really liked it. Do try this one pot meal I’m sure you will love it too.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Onions chopped vertically – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes chopped – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder – 2 tablespoon
- Everest Biryani Masala – 2 tablespoon
- Tej paan – 2
- Everest Rajma Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Boiled Rajma – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander chopped – 1/2 cup
- In a pressure cooker add butter, once the butter is hot add jeera, tej paan , tomatoes , onions and rice.
- Mix well and now add boiled Rajma.
- Now add all the spices – biryani masala, rajma masala, salt, red chilly powder and mix well.
- Now add water and cover the pressure cooker.
- After 3 whistles turn off the burner , let it cool down.
- Now open the cooker and add one tablespoon of butter (I used homemade white butter) and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.