I make sprouts curry at least once in a week. Sprouts are extremely healthy they help in digestion, high in proteins, boost blood circulation, reduce acidity, helps improve eye sight , builds your immune system and most important keeps your hair healthy.
I prefer making sprouts at home so that I’m sure that its grown in good water.
- Mixed legumes of your choice – 1 cup
- Water 3 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Tomato chopped – 1 big
- Onion chopped – 1 big
- Red chilly powder – 1 tablepsoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Thick Sev – 1 cup (optional)
- Garlic cloves – 7-8
- Dry red chilly – 3
- Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Groundnut – 2 tablespoon
- Desicated coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Desicated coconut
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Soak your favorite legumes over night in a bowl. The water should be double in quantity.
- Now remove the water and tie your legumes in a clean cloth for minimum 9-10 hours.
- Dry roast groundnut and remove it in a mixer.
- Dry roast coconut and remove it in a mixer, now add dry chilly, garlic cloves, jeera and ghee and make it a dry mixture. (This is basically recipe for dry garlic chutney)
- In another pan add oil once its hot enough add mustard seeds and onions.
- Once the onions are golden brown add tomatoes all the dry spices (red chilly powder, salt, turmeric,coriander,garam masala);
- Once they are mixed well add the garlic chutney we made and mix well.
- Now add the sprouts and water and cover the pan.
- Let it cook for next 15 minutes.
Serve it how over Poha / or with laadi paav or with bhakri.