Now is the season of beetroots, you can find very fresh beetroots in the sabji mandi now & so I’m trying to include beetroot in almost all my meals now a days. Beetroot has lots of health benefits like it helps reduce blood pressure, aids in the production of red blood cells and is a natural blood purifier. Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and is great for maintaining healthy hemoglobin levels. It has anti-ageing properties and assists in maintaining glowing skin and lustrous hair. It is also believed to inhibit cancer cell mutation, prevent DNA damage, boost metabolism and strengthen the digestive system.
This recipe is a very quick & easy way to include beetroot in your diet. I hope you like it.
- Graded beetroot – 1/2 cup
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- Til / Seasame – 1 teaspoon
- Groundnut – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Dry coconut – chopped in small pieces – 3
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4
- Salt as per taste
- turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Poha – 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add groundnuts , coconut & chillies
- Now add seasame & once it turns golden add grated beetroot
- Mix well and not add salt & turmeric powder.
- Add Poha & mix well.
Serve it with morning hot masala chai!