Cholar daal is packed with proteins and the easiest daal to make. It hardly takes any time and tastes amazing. Its one of the comfort food for me. Its a Bengali dish I hope you like it.
- Chana Daal – 1 cup
- Dry coconut shopped – 3 to 4 pieces
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Jaggery – 2 tablespoon
- Cinamon pieces – 2
- Green chilly – 2
- Star anise – 2
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Hing – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Add Chana daal , jaggery, salt and turmeric in pressure cooker and cook it for 4 whistles.
- Now for tempering heat oil and add mustard seeds, jeera, red chilly, green chilly, star anise, dry coconut, cinnamon and hing.
- Add it to the daal and mix well.
Bengali’s prefer to have it with Luchi / Puri . It also tastes good with steam rice.