This is a very unique family recipe of Modak where the rice flour is replace Ragi flour and we have a sweet filling of coconut.
Ragi gives it a healthy twist. Also you can replace Regular milk with coconut milk & ghee with coconut oil to make it vegan.
- Desiccated or fresh coconut grated – 1/2 cup
- Milkmaid – 100 ml
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ragi – 2 cups
- Jaggery powder – 2 cups
- Elaichi powder – 2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – 2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 4 tablespoon
- First we will start by making the inner filling.
- Roast desicated coconut in 1 teaspoon ghee for few seconds and add milkmaid to it.
- Now add 1/4 cup milk and cook till the mixture gets thick and turn off the gas. Let the mixture cool down in a bowl.
- Now in a separate pan take 2 tablespoon of ghee, add ragi flour and roast it till you get the aroma.
- Now add grated jaggery and mix well.
- Now add milk and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and add 2 tablespoon of ghee, elaichi powder and nutmet powder.
- Mix well.
- Now take Modak mould grease it with ghee and fill it with Ragi mixture first followed by coconut mixture in the middle.
Hope you like it.