INGREDIENTS for filling:
- Desicated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Seasame / Til – 1/2 cup
- Poppy – 1/4th cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Elaichi power – 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaggery powder or finely powdered sugar – 2 cups
Recipe for filling
- Start with dry roasting coconut till it gets slightly golden brown , once roasted remove it in one bowl.
- Now dry roast seasame / til seeds till it gets slightly golden brown, once done remove it in a separate bowl.
- Now dry roast poppy for just 10 seconds, once done remove it in a separate bowl.
- Now take 1 tablespoon of ghee and roast sooji till it becomes slightly golden, once done remove it in a separate bowl.
- Now take 1 tablespoon of ghee in the same pan and roast whole wheat flour till it gives out aroma, once done remove it in a separate bowl.
- Once everything is cooled down, you can individually grind everything. DO NOT mix before grinding.
- Mix everything together and add grated jaggery, elaichi powder and nutmeg powder…once it is properly mixed well with hands you can grind it in mixer to make sure there are no lumps.
INGREDIENTS for cover:
- Maida – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Hot Ghee – 2 tablespoon.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar – 1/4th cup
- Water – 1 cup or as required to knead medium thick dough.
Mix everything together and knead a dough.
Once the dough is ready, form small balls and make small thin puris, place it in your hand and add a tablespoon of filling in between.
Now apply a little water on the outer side of the puri and fold it..press it nicely with your fingers and then start giving it the design you like.
Deep fry on low flame till slightly golden brown. DO NOT fry it in hight flame otherwise it will not remain crispy after frying.